Proposal for a Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals for the purposes of highly skilled employment.
- To stress the point of view of the Local and Regional Authorities regarding the Proposal of the EC on Legal Migration.
- To formulate further suggestions to improve the Proposal.
- To point out that measures for the recruitment of third-country nationals in occupations requiring high-level skills should aim not only to attract immigrants but also to create conditions conducive to their remaining in the EU and integrating effectively.
- To emphasise that the issue of recognition of qualifications will be particularly relevant in the case of a category of persons who are for the first time becoming potential beneficiaries of the scheme: recognised refugees.
- To propose an in-depth and reliable analysis of the outflow of highly skilled workers from third countries and of the potential of a brain drain.